Saturday, March 3, 2012

Coming Up

It's not that i'm ignoring you, fair interwebs. It's that sometimes, my common sense gets the better of me and I abandon this sinking ship we call The World and escape to the altogether foreign and most certainly familiar vistas brought to bear in my mind.

Which is to say there are worlds far more interesting than this.

Then again, I ground myself and stow my wings and find I don't mind this place, that face, the race that we call life.

It's calming, in a way. To see the tumultuous fog of everyday cut through with precision or on occasion, abandon, by the choices that we make and all the things we do and say. I find that when it's lifted, the haze is not as all encompassing as our limited gaze might cause us to believe. Trapped so often by the days and unable or unwilling to see beyond the haze.

Coming down is always new.

And at the end it's always you.

That face, that place, those darkened eyes behind the mirror in my head and growing clearer.

But I digress.

Life is either on, or it is off. There is no dimmer switch.

And the light is on inside my room once more.

1 comment:

  1. Um, I'd like to use this handy knife here to cut through the BS. You've been playing video games for the last month. THAT is why you haven't been around. Nice cover though.

    ReplyDelete